Thursday, June 4, 2009

several months and counting...

Today was my five-months-since-radiation, eight-months-since-chemo, and four-months-since-the-last-doctor's appointment doctor's appointment. As this qualifies as a significant milestone in the life of any former cancer-care consumer, I am providing an update on the status of my health.

I just did a personal evaluation, and it's not all that great. One day before my 25th birthday, and I can only struggle through 2 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, and absolutely no pull-ups. This is especially depressing when you compare it to the National Physical Fitness Standards for children: Fifty percent of six-year-old girls can do 6 push-ups, 23 curl ups, and 1 pull-up. I am put to shame.

It shouldn't be a surprise. My only exercise is watering my plants, which I do sporadically, and my diet consists mostly of ice cream bars and frozen egg rolls. But on a lighter note: five months since radiation, eight months since chemo, and four months since the last doctor's appointment, I am still cancer-free. You may all celebrate by buying me a gym membership.

3 comments:

Laura said...

What? I always hear about what a wonderful cook you are ;)

I can't afford to buy you a gym membership, but I can send you some fitness DVDs if you like. Ten-minute solutions--best DVDs ever :)

Oh, and I am elated that you are still cancer-free. Woo-hoo! Let's all have chocolate cake! Oh wait...

PatrickandErica said...

Yea for being Cancer free!
I guess I'm not helping taking you to cold stone...
then again, those strawberries could give you the needed energy for that pull-up!

Joseph said...

Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!